Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sure, I Sound Informed and Smart

...and with a smile like mine, people really want to believe me. I could probably act the part of a talking head quite well. Could I live with myself if that were my life? Could I endure the knowledge that it was the confidence in my voice and the sincerity in my eyes that changed minds and won converts and not the strength of my arguments?

I doubt it. I feel bad enough that I just won a water cooler conversation with both traits and a smidgen of recent campaign news. I wouldn't mind being persuasive and influential, but I object to the manner by which I might achieve both.

1 comment:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I've abandoned warmth and sincerity.

Hard-edged, brutal logic and reality.

Wins me no friends, but then reality has no interest in friendship...