Thursday, January 17, 2008

Library of Congress Has a Flickr Account

DCist used one of the Library of Congress' photographs as their photo of the day for today. This is a pretty damn neat idea and there are already more than 3000 photos online. I thought this picture of a woman inspecting widgets was pretty. The Library is a wonderful resource that I had never used until my current job. It is a lot like all the wonderful free museums that I rarely visit in town.

I did spend a lovely day yesterday strolling through the National Gallery of Art. I wish I had every Wednesday off to wander at my own pace and absorb centuries of art. The Edward Hopper show is great and leaving town soon, so check that out before it leaves.

I was also able to check a new-ish set of exhibits at the Air and Space Museum, which I thought was the Aaron Space Museum until I was twelve. The have a neat section devoted to the history of commercial flight. I got to ride in a simulator and turn do some barrel rolls and not throw up. Hanging upside-down and attempting to maintain a missile lock is damn hard.

Thanks for inviting me to enjoy the art with you, Social Security Administion. You know who you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw the Hopper Collection in Boston.

AG knows who invited you...

Anonymous said...

i have already wasted so much time on that flickr collection... the FSA stuff is so cool!

Anonymous said...

The LOC haz a flavr?

Chuckles said...

I can't wait for them to put up the FISA stuff, aif.

The LOC has a flavr and that flavr is distracting.