Thursday, November 03, 2005

Waiting

Loved it. But then I have worked in a crappy pizza joint and waited tables for some truly obnoxious pricks. And their fourteen children. And gotten stiffed on tips.

It was additionally good because Ryan Reynolds wasn't the focus of the movie. He was funny in his schtick, but there were other people who had time on screen. When I worked at the pizza place, I invented a game in which the male servers would flip their aprons over our money and receipt holders and get it to stand straight out from your crotch like a shelf or a thin, flat, wide penis. The end result looked like your boner was holding up the bill folder. The goal was to see how long they could talk to people, with their apron and bill holder sticking out, before the customer made a comment. We only did it to the younger customers or the pretty gilrs. The manager did not appreciate it as much as I did.

In my fraternity, we called this maneuver the 'Cat Brain'. You wouold grab hold of your nuts and pull the skiin of sac really tight so the veins would show and your balls looked like the two hemispheres of a brain. It was small so we called it the cat brain. Some of the guys would meow while they walked around with the cat brain sticking out of their fly. If you looked, you were called a fag and hit. This all took an abrupt turn for the worse when I flicked Chad in the cat brain with my middle finger and he collapsed in pain for the next few days.

In short, I loved the movie Waiting and look forward to watching it with my friends. Who am I kidding, I have no friends.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've been wanting to see that movie. All my friends saw it and said it was awesome. I was a manager at a Mellow Mushroom pizza place...fun but definetly had bitchy people coming in.

Chuckles said...

I loved messing with people by being aridly sarcastic.