Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mommy Bloggers: Boring

I have cruised by some mommy blogs and they are boring. Hell, at guys' night out I have to reign in the dads with their boring stories. Since all but two of us are fathers, one round of stories can last for 3 rounds of drinks. Or they would if we could ever get together for drinks. A quick, funny toddler story is one thing but inane, endless run-ons about some baby sitting in its own crap for 7 paragrpahs? Good lord. Shoot me now.

I find blogs about my friend's kids are slightly more interesting but the one I read is more about the troubles and insecurities she feels as a mother. This is an entirely alien perspective to me. I doubt I'll ever feel safe enough to procreate, much less meet anyone worthy of my Genius Seed TM. If she wasn't my friend and her life weren't so damn interesting, I wouldn't read it. Honestly, mommy bloggers are a subdivision of cat bloggers. Ain't nothing interesting about it unless I can give it a stupid caption.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know you're banned, right? Although I guess it doesn't matter since you're not visiting anyhow. :(

Chuckles said...

Who said I wasn't visiting?

Anonymous said...

I saw you were visiting. I was just yanking your chain... after all, I am a mother who blogs!!! AHHHHHHH!!! I don't tend to think of myself as a "mommy blogger" though.

Anonymous said...

No one gets a prize for spawning!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I think mommy blogs are fine. Incendiary commentary is what we need way more of.

Unrelated: I saw this and thought of this place.

This link is for you

go all the way through, Chuckles.

Anonymous said...

What's your stance on Wang Bloggers??? Hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

At least I'm a mother who blogs on Wordpress. In my obituary, that will look a little more respectable than Live Journal.

Anonymous said...

That was awesome mdhatter.

Cat bloggers are truly the evil regime. I have seen the enemy and it is felinophilic.

Chuckles said...

Live Journal: We're not as creepy as MySpace but twice as lame.

Anonymous said...

The problem with facebook, LJ, etc..., and even some blogs is that we want to know what you think, we just don't want to know EVERYTHING you think.

a little mystery goes a long way

Chuckles said...

Exactly.

Anonymous said...

"we just don't want to know EVERYTHING you think."

The feeling is mutual I'm sure.


Okay, I am so lame, I have no idea what Live Journal is!

Anonymous said...

I have the best son in the whole entire world.

No.

In the whole entire universe.

No.

In the whole entire galaxy.

And beyond!

And I'm totally secure in that fact. That I am raising A New Genius for the New Millenium! Who's sure to put Any Old Genius Born in the 20th Century To Shame!

Anonymous said...

Supreme Mother of All- Does your New Genius for the New Millenium have the accompanying wang of the new millenium?

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Chuckles. You are just doing this to protect UC.

Banned. Banned. Banned.

Chuckles said...

Bros before mommy bloggers and all that.