Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Whales, Or What I Was Thinking About As I Walked Home Last Night

I would be unsurprised if the entire sushi-eating-capable* portion of humanity were able to consume the entire currently-living cetacean population in one busy afternoon and evening. I can not, at the time of writing, determine which result would cause me more sadness and general disappointment with humanity. Obviously, I know which result would surprise me more.

* Capability is determined as those with no known allergies with adequate income and also within a certain geographic proximity of a sushi-serving establishment and/or venue. (Ie. The Filet Strip Club and Sushi Bar in Courtsmouth, PA and that place in Albuquerque, NM where I went with my college girlfriend.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love sushi, I have decided I will no longer eat wildlife from the oceans anymore. Especially those on the higher echelons of the food chain, like tuna, salmon, halibut, shark, swordfish, etc. Instead, I'm going to go for catfish and talapia. Low food chain fish. The sushi craze is wiping out our fisheries.

Chuckles said...

I like tempura battered stuff, like chicken. The chicken farms surrounding the Chesapeake are ruining the Bay. All the runoff is destroying the system that allows for massive bounties of blue crab. We've known this for a long time, but nobody has wanted to do much about it.

Dandrobium said...

Actually, the blue crab crabmen (!?) want to do something about it, but the farmers and the suburbanites and golfers don't. There are a lot fewer crabmen.

Chuckles said...

I'm crabby.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

industrialized farming and harvesting is a problem in so many different aspects.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

it's like when California overtook Wisconsin as top dairy producer, through their massive factory farming.

Do you want cheese and butter made by human-overseen processes, or do you want industrial product endorsed by cyborgs?

IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

basically, human civilization is circling the drain. Best to make friends with a zombie today.

Snag said...

Soylent sushi.

Chuckles said...

I'll make friends with a zombie during the Zombacolypse. With my carbine.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

why not just buy a zombie a couple of drinks, Chuckles?

Save the ammo for Banksters.