Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where was I?

So here's something stupid:

Six years ago, I was asleep. I slept through the whole thing. The most significant event in our lives and I was zonked out. Not that I could have done anything if I had been awake. I wouldn't have noticed at all. I lived too far away to hear anything from the Pentagon and wouldn't have noticed anything unusual about all the choppers flying overhead. If I had been awake, I would have been mowing the lawn or something equally mundane.

I don't know anyone who was killed, but I did work with this incredible asshole at the video store. Actual quote:
This is horrible. Just horrible, so fucking terrible. I mean, my family owns an apartment and it got totally trashed. Apparently, my Playstation 2 is fucked along with all my games and most of my DVDs. Now I have to replace all that shit. Fuck those bastards.

This was said without a trace of irony. I asked him if he was being sincere because I couldn't believe someone could be so fucking stupid. He said he felt terrible and that now he had to clean up that whole apartment since his parents were stuck overseas. I told him he was not allowed to speak until his shift was over.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

dude, most of his DVDs were ruined!! don't you have a heart?

that is a seriously funny story. I bet he had some nice rants up his sleeve about the homeless , and bitches who ask for it.

Anonymous said...

MY POINT BREAK DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was or wasn't allowed to speak? Let me guess, this guy was a libertarian.

Chuckles said...

Oops, I have to fix that, thanks punko.