Thursday, October 13, 2005

That New Book Smell

I just purchased Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut and Knife of Dreams by the Jordan. I figure that you can't call yourself a patriotic American without having read at least three books by Kurt Vonnegut. As for Robert Jordan, well, even I have my weaknesses. Good thing they are protected by eleven three inch thick books. I wonder if this new book by Jordan will live up to his standard style of three chapters of plot development followed by twenty chapters of fluff and then three more chapters of plot.

I will not read either of these books until I have completed my readings for the past two weeks of WEstern Thought Wednesday. Then I will read Cat's Cradle and follow it with Knife of Dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stuff actually happens in this new jordan book. i rather liked it, actually. ive heard theres only one left to go...

Chuckles said...

It better be a long one.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I take offense that you don't appreciate my long-winded, ornate subplots that aren't even mentioned until they are ineffective and the major action the plot was designed to engender has already happened. Why don't you try writing a fantasy series after being a history professor? BITE me!