Monday, June 25, 2012

Rockstache at the 930 Club


Both photos are from OnTap Online Gallery.  Since the photos are of me, I'm going to assume that it perfectly legal to use them.  If not, I've dealt with lawyers before.

Regarding my performance, my friends think I need to be more dynamic with my actions.  There is definite room for improvement in my fingering, and strumming.  Some kicks, and maybe a good leap into the air, out over the crowd, hopefully landing somewhere that doesn't involve on a person.  Stage dives can be really lame if you aren't rocking out, but can really seal a legendary performance.

Regarding the costume, I think the shirt was too big.  I bought it back when I was really fat, say early season Biggest Loser contestant who isn't going to win because he didn't start out at somewhere north of 400 pounds, as opposed to late season Biggest Loser who isn't going to win because he didn't start out at somewhere north of 400 pounds.  My arms look ok, though, all the tilling and pushups seem to be having some effect.  The mustache could be bigger.  Air Guitar is one area of the universe where facial will always be accepted and even respected.

So for next year, I'm aiming for two things: a six pack (instead of the mini keg) and a possibly fake giant mustache across my shoulder blades for maximum impact when I do some sort of spin-kick/guitar flip.  Probably skinny jeans as well.

The oddest part of the evening was being asked, "hey, you're the guy who really knows how to play guitar right?  I heard you're actually good at it."  My response was, "Uh. No. I've held a guitar, and made noise come out of it, but there is no way you would ever call me good at it."

No comments: