Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dictionary Dot Com's Word of the Day is Fucking Stalking Me

Today's word of the day is bete noire. Okay, cool, that is nice to know, now what the fuck is this shit:

Never an exceptional student, Andrews somehow managed to navigate the academy's rigorous courses with satisfactory grades, though all forms of mathematics were agonizing to him, remaining what he called his "bete noire" throughout life.
-- Charles Gallenkamp, Dragon Hunter: Roy Chapman Andrews and the Central Asiatic Expeditions


First of all, the similarities between the citation's Andrews and my college life are eerie except that I definitely got by on a lot more charm and rugged good looks than this schmoe did. Secondly, I think I need to purge Google's Goons from my computer because these coincidences are getting odd.

Twice is a coincidence, thrice is a conspiracy.

No comments: