Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Good Fucking Riddance

Joe Lieberman can suck my hairy, white ass. In addition to voting for pretty much everything I would hope a Democratic Senator would vote against, he pulled some lame stunts during the campaign. I didn't like him when he was running as a VP with Gore, but I figured that would at least get him out of the Senate.

I would love to vote for a Senate candidate that will hold to these positions:
1. Repeal the Patriot Act and restore our civil liberties.
2. Begin impeachment proceedings against Bush for lieing to us about Iraq and everything else.
3. Dismantle the Department of Homeland Security and restore FEMA to its previous condition. You know, back in the '90s when they would remove people from a storm ravaged area before the storm hit.
4. Restore our diplomatic corps and get a diplomat in charge of the Department of State. Not a god damn warhawk.
5. Stand up to the Republican't steam roller of corporate interest.
6. Refuse money from oil companies.
7. Refuse money from car companies.

Basically, I want to vote for a person with principles that aren't on the market. If I have left any off the lift, please include them in the comments.

OH SHIT! I just remembered that I live in the District of Columbia and don't have Senator or even a voting member of the House of Representatives. FUCK. well, at least Rep. Holmes-Norton can vote in committee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could shift to maryland... but that might make you un-american or something

Chuckles said...

I can't afford to live anywhere in Maryland that would let me get to work in under two hours.

There is a lot of discrimination in housing with people (DUDES!?) on Craigslist saying they will only rent to women. The rest of the people are people that will charge you out the ass for the small room in a two bedroom and then refuse to let you use the living room.

teh l4m3 said...

NEDRENALINE, MUTHAFUCKAHS!!!.

Oh, wait, I don't have any.

But congrats to Lamont nonetheless. One fewer figurative congressional blow-job for George means an America that is that much stronger, I say.

Kevin Wolf said...

Hopefully his "independent" run will last about 6 minutes. Maybe even three.

What an ass.

Anonymous said...

I live in DC but I've found, oddly, that if you make a campaign contribution to a House member from another state (i.e. one with a vote), that person will take your calls faster than he or she will take the calls of someone who is just a voter from their district.

Chuckles said...

Hmmmm. I have about 5 bucks to spare this month.

I will save that for next month. Then I will have twice the purchasing power!

teh l4m3 said...

Chuckles the Lobbyist! Goes from K-Street to K-Hole in 30 seconds flat!

Anonymous said...

This is why I love Russ Feingold. While Wisconsin's other Senator is less exciting, Russ is amazing.

Chuckles said...

I voted for Feingold and Baldwin when they were running the first time!

YAY ME!