Friday, March 31, 2006

I Want To Get In With All the Poop Shooting!

Or shooting the shit, as it were. So here are my randoms in no particular order:

1. The Power Station - Some Like It Hot. I guess that is true. There are some that indeed like it hot. This song is their anthem. The exact nature of the it in question eludes me. That may the point.

2. Mick Jagger - Just Another Night. Well, sure, if your night consist of cross dressing and running around licking every person in sight. Sounds like most of the raves I haven't attended. I guess Mick is truly avant garde. He was into X before anybody.

3. B-52s - Love Shack. I love the faux sixties! When is VH-1 running that series?

4. Rod Stewart - The Motown Song. I think my music generator is broken. This is clearly not music. Am I tuned in to FM Abu Ghraib?

5. REM - Radio Song. Could a group suck it any harder? There is no defending this band, if that is even an accurate assessment of this grouping of people. I bet you could use REM to get every last drop out of an oil field, because they suck. Wait, wait, wait. REM is the Dyson vacuum of the music world because they never lose suction.

18 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've always had a severe loathing in my heart for the B-52's. They drive me up the wall.

Chuckles said...

The B-52s can do that while they are driving the rest of us to the love shack.

What about the 'Groove is in the heart' people.

I like the REM black hole universe. It explains a lot.

Anonymous said...

Back off of Dee-lite Chuckles. The groove is in the heart and it shall stay there. Roam is a great song as is Channel Z. The B-52s are not to be taken seriously.

REM on the other hand is way over rated. But I agree, the REM universe explains much.

teh l4m3 said...

Hahaha Pop Ren baiting today, are we?

Chuckles said...

Thus it was spaketh, thus it shall be.


Well, maybe not. Imagine the people that would buy tickets to a KISS/B-52s show.

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer a B52s Insane Clown Posse Double bill myself.

Chuckles said...

That would be a strange mix of twelve year old suburban wannabes and 38 year old parents of suburban wannabes whos children are not in attendance.

Anonymous said...

I bet he'd like to wear the clown suit and go at the teh knob.

Smartypants said...

This post makes me feel old.

Chuckles said...

How?

I was watching 'The Tube' on my friend's high def and these were the five songs that played and it just hit me that these were five songs that would never show up on anybody's Monday Random Five or whatever. Also, four of them suck ass.

Anonymous said...

Bitch, I called Fullie today. WTF were you?!!

Chuckles said...

AG, what part of we live on different sides of the continent do you not understand?

DC is on the East Coast and SF is on the West Coast. Am I my blogger's keeper?

teh l4m3 said...

Yes.

pop renaissance said...

power station ROCKS!!!!!

DURANIES FOREVER!!!!

KIT over the summer!

Chuckles said...

Who are the Duranies and why should I care?

KIT? Same question.

Anonymous said...

You were with Fullie, Chuckie. Don't be coy pond. It's too green on you.

Chuckles said...

Not when you called. There is only room in this town for one of us to have the ego. Fortunately, I also possess perspective, rational thought and critical analysis capacities about which you have yet to dream.

Unknown said...

Are you presently eager to Buy YouTube Views? If you do, you’re on correct webpage. We can be of help for you about this concern. buy youtube subscriber