Friday, March 17, 2006

Conference Post for Friday

Breakfast was the same as Thursday, but with more water and fruit. I also structured my second plate so that the bread products, bacon and sausage formed a wall for the potatoes and eggs to rest against. The waiter was nice so: $22.35 on the boss' tab.

Lunch was pretty rad. Because I was actually free to eat it instead of cramming in a sandwich. 2 burgers, salmon paillard, 2 iced teas and a coke. There were three of us, this wasn't just me. $65 on the company tab. Plus lunch for our booth assistants, all the four nieces or nieces in law of our receptionist: $110.

My friend AmazingDave(who has an amazingly lame imagination when it comes to handles) is totally rad. Girls, take note: he is a totally rad guy, who is totally helpful without even being asked. That should be liquid gold for women, but, like me, he has a little trouble with the ladies. Which is complete bullshit. They should be all over him. But I digress. He showed up for dinner on Friday and I still had three hours of book selling to finish, since Joshua Wolf Shenk, the author of Lincoln's Melancholy and a totally cool guy, was giving a lecture with a question/answer and book signing session. AmazingDave helped me drag the books to the hall and then run the sale.

We had an awesome dinner. We both had a watercress salad and drinks. I had another Maker's Mark and ginger ale and he had something else. I lost the receipt. I had a rare(of course) NY strip steak and my buddy had a vegetabel fettucini. I had a lemon merengue pyramid desert that was sublime. SUBLIME! We both had a Fonseca Port after dinner glass of wine. Total bill: $125? you can bet that was on the boss' tab.

UPDATE:
I forgot the $50 worth of drinks in the hotel bar after dinner. My friend had a Tia Maria and soda and a B-52 while I had another White Russian and a B-52. Then we went out to a club that was totally ricockulous about prices, but the music was great. I feel apart after two more drinks and slithered into a cab to go be hungover for the next day's work. The hotel air was so dry that one could be hungover without drining booze.

No comments: