Sunday, March 05, 2006

DL Hughley Nailed It!

IF you get HBO and didn't watch Real Time with Bill Maher, then you suck. D.L. Hughley went off on Bill Maher when Bill started talking about how George W. Bush is a man of faith and Christian. D.L. ripped Bill a new arsehole on this with a quick rant on how Bush and his people are not following the Christian ideals at all. It was really nice to see Bill one-upped in this. I like Bill Maher and I will continue to watch his show, but he does tend to use the Republican vocabulary in ways that I find detrimental. If we refuse to let these people control the debate, they will start to lose ground with their fake issues.

5 comments:

teh l4m3 said...

I saw that. Hughely is just expressing a lot of piss-offedness that many on the religious left-of-center are (in an admittedly unchristian way) feeling right now, what with the national dialogue pretty much counting only divisive, hatemongering, violence-espousing, Pat Robertson-listening freaks as "real Christians."

Chuckles said...

Hey, I am not even religious and I have been saying that for longer than it's been cool. Cuz I'm a genius see.

It is totally despicable to take someone's faith and use it the way Robertson, that funeral protesting bastard, the Republican party and Bush have been doing.

Anonymous said...

that is the sole point of faith for many people- it is currency in this huge fucking texas hold 'em game called "Power Stuggle on Earth"

Unknown said...

Let's count how many time Mr. Vain calls himself 'a genius'. Double shots when he smiles saying it.

Chuckles said...

Robertson: I bet two evangelical radio stations and one conservative local newspaper and call.

Cheney: Shit, I got two pair of oil corporations and three dunces in the white house!

Robertson: Damn! I lose again!