Monday, September 10, 2007

Philosophy Assignments

Since nobody liked the really long post about philosophy, I guess I'll just stick to trying to be funny. There is a lot of pressure in that area, but I could do with a bit more of that in my life.

In case someone out there cares, I am going to start reading Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle this evening and The Fall by Albert Camus in my other spare hour.

Tomorrow night, I am having coffee with the Ainur, Mandos. I think we will have to discuss the Spawn of Ungoliant that lives in my kitchen. Mandos is probably refraining on judging me until I die, but he may have reservations about my continued harboring of a descendant of that which destroyed the great trees of Valinor.

10 comments:

BOSSY said...

Aristotle always brings Teh Funny.

Anonymous said...

ossy wasn't into the Silmarilliony aspects of your nerdburger.

Say hi to Mandos from teh Bulls!

Chuckles said...

Somehow, I have a feeling this will devolve into a huge contest of LotR Punking.

Question 1: How many of Gandalf's names can you recite in 30 seconds? Apocryphal Names Disallowed.

Snag said...

I was going to comment on the last post but I saw the photo of the jellyfish, got hungry, and ended up making a snack instead.

Anonymous said...

Yo! Chuckbag! (May I call you Chuckbag?)

Czech your email. Remind me when and where. I plan to be there.

Anonymous said...

Besides, your judgement is the purview of Eru Iluvatar, being a mere mortal.

Hahaha. I called you mortal.

Chuckles said...

GAH! Curse you, first round of the rings goes to Mandos!

Kathleen said...

I liked the long post about philosophy!

I just couldn't think of anything smart ot say about it. The Pressure!!

you should tape your LOTR-Off and make a podcasst out of it.

Chuckles said...

We'll see about that, Kathleen.

Anonymous said...

Here's my post on our meeting:

http://politblogo.typepad.com/politblogo/2007/09/i-have-shaken-t.html