Thursday, September 13, 2007

Eureka?

The iPod Touch is here. So basically, it is an iPhone with no antenna? But it has wireless internet connectivity. And a headphone jack. Hmmm.

Can I use VOIP on an iPod Touch? If so, why the fuck would I spend another hundred dollars or so on an iPhone when I could talk over Skype without paying a monthly phone bill in excess of $90? Maybe I'll buy one.

Did Steve Jobs just pull one over on himself? In the words of my super-intelligent nephew, I think he did.

In other news, this story linked by Lesley in a 3Bulls! is frigging awesome. Nature is going to kill us all and it won't end with a bang, but with a quietly struggling person muffled by layers of webbing being slowly digested by an enzymatic acid.

Lately, I have discovered a new way to entertain myself while I hid behind the mountain of paper at work: trying to confuse Pandora. My Man Man experiment was not a huge success, but Animal Collective radio has potential. Blonde Redhead radio seems to be a flop from the start.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cannae use VOIP, there is no bluetooth or other voice input.

Believe me, I thought about it.

It's pretty. I posted a similar post at my place the other day.

If they can make that thing 4 times bigger, and call it the "NewtonII" they will rule the world. (and have the best ebook reader ever).

or make the iSlate, a tablet PC built for kids to bring to and from school.

Chuckles said...

CURSE YOU, STEVE "TOOK OUR" JOBS!!!

I bet you infinitive could hack the headphone input. I have been interested in some sort of dataslate for a while. Something more accessible and utilitarian than a full-on laptop? Maybe that weighed a little less and had a larger input area. These are not novel ideas.

Anonymous said...

The keyboard sucks it bigtime on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch

Anonymous said...

oh, hey, clif, congrats on stealing and Seb's keys.

Chuckles said...

I am not too worried about the keyboard since the likelihood of my buying either is pretty remote.

Just on principle.

Iris Hutchings said...

I'm sure hackers are already working on fixing it so that you can use those... give it a couple months at most. :)

Shannon Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Erin said...

Yet another example of how you're a way bigger geek than I.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Is it a geek or just plain sad?

Just askin'...

Chuckles said...

Shannon: You got it, babe.