Saturday, March 01, 2008

HORK!

Should soymilk be this lumpy? I grew up in the shadow of UHT milk and know that sometimes lumps are okay, but this is a little ridiculous. It tastes fine but has the consistency of flu-snot.

UPDATE: No, the soymilk should not be that lumpy. I had some on Sunday night after shaking the carton and then, about 30 seconds later, felt like redecorating my bathroom. I spent the rest of the evening feeling awful. The strange part of this ordeal was that the drink tasted fine. This will teach me to buy two cartons at once.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've had plenty of soy milk, but never lumpy. Sounds like it separated. What if you shake it really hard, does that help??

mdhatter said...

I believe you have achieved Soy Yogurt. I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

Snag said...

Sounds like you have your next Bake-Off entry.

Jennifer said...

I believe you have achieved Soy Yogurt

Yeah, after thinking about it, I was thinking it had permanently separated and was now soy cottage cheese. Mmmmm.

The Uncanny Canadian said...

The concept of soy cottage cheese is so completely disgusting and unpalpable to me that I have just completely lost my appetite. No, wait, it's back. Still .... eww!

Chuckles said...

I...have not felt exactly right since eating it and now believe that I might be enacting the fictitious anecdote from Thursday. Karma is unpleasant.

Kathleen said...

maybe the problem was drinking it through two straws.