Wednesday, October 17, 2007

DC Gets Taxi Meters: ABOUT DAMN TIME

I hope this turns out to be as awesome as it is in my head. It would be really funny if it all blew up in our faces, but I am sick of having arguments about the zones with otherwise nice drivers.

I have no doubt that the Taxicab Commission will delay as long as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried some sort of injunction based on a claim that the meters will be too expensive or some similar nonsense. The meeting to decide the timetable for the change isn't for two weeks, but at least there will be some sort of timetable for this unlike Iraq.

The only timetable Bush seems to want for Iraq contains only casualty figures. Asshole.

3 comments:

missyandchrissy said...

thank goodness! the zone system was so confusing to us poor DC tourists.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Oh hells noes. With that traffic and those effin' lights -- it's going to cost more. Not less.

Damn you taxi meters!

Chuckles said...

Not at night, AG. Most of DC is less than 2 miles from itself. Going home from clubs and stuff will be much cheaper for me and I leave further out than most.

Also, it will be blatantly clear how much the fare is and easier to get receipts.