Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Scary Email

So this email showed up in my gmail inbox:

To the law officers of the DC Metro Police Department:


Herein it is stated that these signs are a reflection of my utter distate for the situation we are facing. The media will not perform investigative reporting and is effectively silenced. The Bush administration increases the erosion of our civil rights. To say that I am angry, furious or even ferocious is an understatement. I will never condone violence nor the destruction of property but I can not allow the plans of the current regime to go unchallenged.

The consolidation of all media channels under an umbrella corporation stifles the free flow of the people's news. If we can not trust our media to deliver the truth and be our voice, can we truly trust our own opinions? History shows us that a free, investigative press is one of the best checks of autocracy. We must have our voice returned!

A FREE PRESS NOW!

Calling Bush a war criminal falls on deaf ears as do the following titles: law breaker, oath breaker, liar, cheat and dangerously incompetent. The last two national elections will forever be known as the elections no one is certain were fair. Bush and Company will kill us all if necessary because Bush insanely believes he is some sort of messiah. We must have a transparent but anonymous system of voting and sane government.

NO MORE MESSIAHS!


In America, we are no longer free. In America, we are no longer brave. We live huddled in fear and are arrested when we exercise our rights granted under the Constitution. I will not stop proclaiming the true nature all over the city.

Signed -
THE COBAGITATOR

I am not really sure how to take this. The Cobagitator has clearly stolen my idea for a rampant sign campaign. I am still planning on posting signs, but apparently this person was not satisfied with my delayed schedule.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to write him back and threaten to sue him unless he stops calling himself the cobagitator. That title is only applicable to one who engages in civil dissent by posting cobag signs.

Chuckles said...

I have written back requesting a meeting and some co-postings. Providing he (she?) uses the term cobag or one of the various and sundry other insults of 3Bullemia, I see no problem with some other cobagitationists.

Anonymous said...

a veritable revolution of cobaggery!

this oughta teach them hippies how to do it.

Chuckles said...

I hope to some day teach the White House press corps how to do it. I was thinking t-shirts might help.

"Co-Ed Naked White House Press Corps - We do it orally."

Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Sorry cupcake, was that your e-mail box?

Chuckles said...

I hope I get a response about a meeting.

I hope The Cobagitator is a hot, single babe, aged 25-32, hair color TBD and into supremely intelligent muscular guys (me).

Anonymous said...

Chuckie, stop reading my personal ads!