Friday, May 05, 2006

China Mieville is awesome in a similar way that Neal Stephenson is awesome

I have read Perdido Street Sation, The Scar and The Iron Council. I just read his short story on the mean streets of London and other stories. I would like to read King Rat and his book of short stories as well. I have written about him before, but everytime I see something by him, I think, man I am so cool that I read all this before anybody.

By the way, fulsome totally owed me for Neal Stephenson. I kept pushing Snow Crash on him in college and he finally read it. He recently repaid that debt. In November. He knows of that which I type. Now, he just needs to figure out a way to balance the debt from the radness that is China Mieville.

By the way, has everybody read The Big U by Stephenson? You should check that out from your local library. If they don't have it scream until teh l4m3 orders it for your library.

4 comments:

fulsome said...

OK, in my defense, who wants to read a book described to them as "he totally takes Sumerian mythology and combines it with computers" from a guy you know has a penchant for B-grade sci-fi. I thought it would be cheesball as all hell. I was wrong.

NS is on notice at any rate. He needs to cut back the exposition or I'm out of the cult.

CM is good but not great.

Anonymous said...

Who the hell are you talking about?

Chuckles said...

I am eleven ninjas

Anonymous said...

i tried reading something by neal stephenson, but i couldn't quite get to it. it;s how i got stuck with atlas shrugged, which makes NS look like HG fuckin Wells.

Chuckster, have you read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell? that will knock your damn socks off.