Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Lots of Differences

I am still torn about the primaries. On the one hand, our political system needs massive reform since non-swing states don't matter in Federal elections and our voting machines are as likely to work as they are not and on the other hand...well actually, it is hard to get past that first hand. However, there are lots of people out there that don't have two hands on which to judge a candidate because they were maimed by land mines, cluster bombs and other unexploded ordinance that have been tossed around willy-nilly by irresponsible nations.

This isn't an issue that really affects Americans because we have not had the distinct displeasure of hosting a modern war on our continent. We don't have to worry about losing a limb when we go camping or having the car explode when taking the scenic route. I am sure that Senator Clinton has some reason for voting the way she did, but I don't know if I care to listen to it. Votes like these seem simple to us, but we aren't the Senators. We just vote for them in the hopes that they represent us. As a citizen without a vote or a Senator, I hope that all Senators act in the interests of all citizens.
The Amendment
International Campaign to Ban Landmines

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my senator jut compared one of the candidates to his well known and deceased brothers. Not something done before, nor done lightly I suspect.

That went a very long way for me.

Chuckles said...

I had heard that the family I am thinking you are talking about was almost evenly split in the primaries.