Thursday, March 29, 2007

Science Fiction That is Constantly Attacking Our Marriages

I am currently reading Vellum: The Book of All Hours by Hal Duncan and I am enjoying it, but I am also wondering if I will finish it and then just be totally pissed by the ending. The ending will probably piss me off because I will without doubt that I must go back and read the book again in a far less fragmentary effort. After I had read a chapter or two, I thought that reading it in fragments might be the ideal manner, but since I have moved further into the book I have decided that this might not be the case. The end will likely confirm this.

I will write a full review when I am finished, but right now I can say that I think that both fulsome and teh l4m3 would freaking love it and not because of all teh g4y s3xx0rz in it. The parts describing Reynard's journey are pretty neat because of both their lucidity and because of all the cool stuff that happens that isn't written.

Check out Hal Duncan's blog.

For all the dimwitted morons that read this, the title is a joke.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Got some pretty pissy reviews at Amazon. What gives?

Chuckles said...

Amazon people suck.

Anonymous said...

It is my theory that if you read Vellum in one sitting you will go insane.

Chuckles said...

I can hack it.

Michael Bains said...

I musta read it that way twyce.

Or I need to. Yes. That's more like it...

Try Altered Carbon when you get a chance. Very Quick read in the cyber-punk category. Can't wait to see if my library has more of him.

teh l4m3 said...

Well Michael you can always ask your local librarian to order more of that author's book through interlibrary loans, if they have it. Better yet, you could see if your local library system has an online catalog from which you can order with your card...

Chuckles said...

I have a hard time trusting any novel with the name Blah Blah: A John Smith Adventure/Story/Mystery.

I will give this a shot on my next transoceanic flight.