Tuesday, December 09, 2008

WoW! Not Really

I canceled my World of Warcraft account again. This time it shall remain inactive for a minimum of three months, as I have better things to do with my time than hang out with people I fin annoying on-line. That's not fair, there were a handful of people in my guild that I would go drinking with, but the rest reminded me too much of the people in my old sci-fi club in college that annoyed the fucking piss out of me. The game had become a source of un-fun and so I stopped paying for it.

And now is the part where you won't understand unless you have played the game:

In October and November, I was able to get a few things accomplished in the game though. I earned five titles and brought my mount total to 52. My two favorites were the Cenarion Expedition Hippogryph and the albino drake. To do this, I bought all the Alliance faction mounts, since I'd been exalted with all of them for a while. I then bought all the Sha'tari Skyguard nether rays. I did all the work to get the Netherwing dragon mounts and Kurenai riding goats and didn't use them. I also had one of the yellow riding bugs from Ahn'Qiraj. When I got the Kurenai mounts, I hit 50. I was also able to get the Reins of the Dark War Talbuk, and I used those in Northrend and Azeroth. This took me about one month of game time effort and whoopdedoo. Once my friends stopped playing, the game really lost all interest for me. It was fun for a while but now, it's not.

Anyway, you can check all this crap out here.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

good for you. It is addicting, but the time to take a break is OF COURSE when you're not having fun. That is what I have been doing, and is probably why I still play now and then.

I gotta say 52 MOUNTS!!! I didn't know that was possible.

I just got my purple fishing pole and my pet penguin, so I am pretty stoked.

52 mounts. good grief.

Anonymous said...

You make me very glad I never even tried the free demo. I appreciate it.

In return let me warn you against owning of ferrets. They're cheaper than WoW. but they poop far more than you expect.