Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Holy Radiation Burn, Batman!

Through a rather stupid clerical error on the part of my expedition quartermaster, we did not have enough sunblock for all yesterday. I sacrificed myself so that my fair-skinned nephew and brother might survive the beach ordeal unscathed. The pain will fade but my quartermaster will not soon forget the flogging he received for his mistake.

My expedition to the darkest parts of northern Wisconsin continues. We seek elusive prey. We have so far found specimens of the Sprecher's Ravin' Red and Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss. I hope to bag one of the lesser known species of this region, the Greater Spotted Cow, some Sprecher Perry's Cherry and possibly some other Leinenkugel's varietals.

9 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Quartermaster should get a clue. Does he/she/it/bird not like have a few dollars to go to the local Wal-Mart and get some sin and $5.99 sunblock?

Geesh.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

If you find some New Glarus, also keep an eye out for the Yokel.

And you may even be able to find some of the flavors of Riverwest if you're lucky. East Side Dark is especially tasty.

Kathleen said...

taste the adventure!

Pretentious Bastard said...

The Lenie's Double Butt Bach is a very dangerous and tasty herbivore

Brando said...

The New Glarus didn't do a lot for me. Bought a few bottles when I was in Lake Geneva. The Coffee Stout was interesting, but otherwise it was good but not great.

Chuckles, Jesus will remember your sacrifice and provide you with eternal aloe in heaven.

It is also ridiculous that you are in Northern Wisconsin and still pretty far south from my new home.

Anonymous said...

Plain old un-gussied-up Leinenkugel's is one of the joys of the Midwest. Like Guiness it doesn't travel well and tastes better the closer you are to the brewery.

Chuckles said...

I will be on the lookout for all those suggestions. I think the double butt bach is a seasonal. We head up to an old stomping ground today. Hopefully, we will spot some stompings.

That joke does not work so well.

Anonymous said...

New Glarus has a cherry flavored beer, too. It's worth trying.

Clif, Leinie's O is definitely a classic. Buy the returnables and you're in bizness!

Anonymous said...

You know that there's a place in Alexandria where you can buy Sprecher's, right?