Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Lied Today

It was a pretty big lie. I lied because I needed to, things needed doing that wouldn't happen without the lie. So I lied, and did so without remorse or regret. I could have asked someone to lie for me, and she would have. But I didn't. I lied to her and thus she did not have to lie for me. I did this in part because it keeps the sin within, and partly because I'm a better liar than anyone I know. Why behave and act with total integrity, if not to use said integrity for personal gain when necessary? Did I just become Republican? Fuck, maybe I should move out of this city.

6 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

If you moved, where would you go because where you go, there you are?

ginger-talk said...

did you confess your desire to listen to the entire wilco catalog on repeat?

Chuckles said...

Fuck Wilco. I already have enough reasons to feel bad about crap, and shitty, boring music is one too many.

Tim said...

You have the capacity for deceit, human? JOIN ME!

Pinko Punko said...

Jesus, dude, you need a hug, or some snorkel.

Chuckles said...

A pork snorkel would be pretty fuckin' sweet. I finally found a bahn mhi place, but it is way the hell and gone from the back of beyond.