Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Toys of the Golden Age

It may not be my golden age, but someone else is entering a new golden age with my toys. Playmobile, Legos, G.I.Joe, Visionaries, Dinoriders, Construx, Batman, Wolverine, some constructible dinosaur skeletons with cavemen riders*, vintage Transformers**, all have experienced a renewed happiness as their purpose entertains a new generation. I have spent a lot of time finding capes, scabbards, swords, blue 2 by 4s, black 1 by 6s, wings, jets, rayguns, yellow hands, black hands, red helmets, green torsoes, hats, shoes, gloves, and answered every form of the question, what is this for?

In the face of this onslaught of pure childhood bliss, punctuated by short, loud, periods of utter wailing despair, I have been unable to channel my usual voice of vacation. I'll see if I can dredge him up after today's bike ride and beaching.

I will say that I seem to have brought the best kind of rain. The storms have hit between the hours of midnight and 8 am. The land is thirsty and we do what we can.

*No doubt a product of the creationist movement of the '80s.

**Jazz and, uh, Sideswipe? The Autobot cop car.

3 comments:

mdh said...

*No doubt a product of the creationist movement of the '80s.

A dinosaur creationist museum in Florida, founded in the 80's, is about to be seized by the IRS because "god doesn't file payroll taxes".

A conspiracy, no doubt

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Angels are exempt.

ginger-talk said...

I am so stressed out right now, I could kill for some one-on-one time with a tub of Legos.

color me jealous.