Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Life is a Constant Veil of Tears, Post-Modern Tears

I've been reading through the archive of Pictures for Sad Children, catching up on comics I've missed or forgotten since disconnecting the internets from my apartment. This comic about bugs in the flour reminded me of an incident from two summers ago. I was over at my brother's watering our tomatoes while he was off on a vacation. I stuck around to watch some tv and eat some of his food. The only food he had was crackers and mustard, so I ate some crackers with mustard. I got thirsty after eating most of the crackers in one package and went to get some water. I came back to the couch to find little black bugs crawling all over the crackers. I had previously thought the little black dots were part of the cracker. I was wrong, and horribly so. I drank as much water as I could and hoped that the bugs weren't toxic. I shoved the crackers in the freezer to kill the bugs, and also in the hopes that maybe my brother would eat them and therefore get some measure of revenge upon him for leaving me bugged crackers. He had not intended to leave any food for me at all, so I guess the joke was on me.

I nearly barfed all over the Metro on the way home, but held it together. I guess I've matured, or maybe just gotten dumber.

6 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Ant crackers?

Yum!

dontEATnachos said...

I think if you'd matured, you'd be past using 'barfed.'

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't it be Vale of Tears?

ginger-talk said...

I opened my lunch box in the 3rd grade to find little white worms wriggling around in my food. mom thought it would be a good idea to use up some of the stuff from the back of the cupboards that morning. yeah, not so much of a good idea.

I guess you still win since you ATE the crackers. ew. barf if exactly what I would have done.

Chuckles said...

Picturing Ginger's image, I am now seriously queasy. Thanks a lot.

ginger-talk said...

you're welcome Chuckles. let me know if there's anything else I can do to make your stomach turn...