1. Funki Porcini - Wicked, Cruel Nasty and Bad, from Hed Phone Sex. Similar style pre-Private Press DJ Shadow. Incidentally, I think I just gained enough xp to level up in the Music Nerd(Douchebag) prestige class.
2. The Magnetic Fields - Yeah! Oh Yeah!, from Fuck Only Knows. I don't really like it. It's like the relationship that you think is ok but then you realize that your desire to smash faces with rocks persists without any break for feeling happy. This aspect will be covered in the Geek Dating Guide under the chapter titled Red Flags.
3. Johnny Cash - The Rebel, Johnny Yuma from a greatest hits album. I like it. It reminds me that I still want to bike across the country, gnashing my teeth at this gilded cage.
4. Canasta - The Things You Don't See, from We Were Set Up. I still like them despite the fact that they are forever tied to a woman who hurt me. Oh well, tits is tits, ya know?
5. The Lovely Sparrows - Chemicals Change, from the vagaries of my travels and travails across this vast continent called Internet. Makes me want to stand around drinking Shiner Bock and nodding my head, clapping occassionally when a song ends.
6. Andrew Bird - Heretics, from Armchair Apocrypha. One of the few people that can easily sound more pretentious than I without trying but has actually accomplished something so at least he earned it.
7. Hard-Fi - Living for the Weekend, from Stars of CCTV. British Radio Rock. I know one of the hallmarks of floppy hipsterdom to bitch about how fucking pretentious everyone else is while ignoring your own chunderloafing, but is that worse than constantly bitching about how pretentious you are on your own blog?
8. Wild Sweet Orange - House of Regret(m), from the wilderness of fuck all. I guess they're interesting but they sound too much like the belong on the Garden State Soundtrack for me to enjoy an album's worth.
9. Iggy Pop - Repo Man, from the Repo Man soundtrack. Look at me! I am wallowing in a pit of pathetic self-loathing. I am the dork with both the Garden State and Repo Man soundtrack on my computer and above this I am 'bagging on the former. I am approaching a transhumanist singularity of pretentious yuppie hipsterism.
10. The Vandals - (Illa Zilla) Lady Killer, from Stage Diving to the Oldies. I still owe fulsome a copy of this awesome album of bands that would probably all get together to kick the shit and teeth out of me. Fear would probably knife me in the side and leave me bleeding out in a dumpster. Incidentally, I once referenced Fear in a discussion with a philosophy professor about Francis Bacon and then I found out that professor was a punker in his youth. I am sorta surprised he didn't kick me teeth out on a regular basis but he did regularly dispatch my shoddy analysis of the great minds in front of the entire class of lazy undergrads. I certainly deserved both.
11. Prof Longhair - Big Chief, from Rare Funk Vol 5-Afro Funk. I think I got this from Fluxblog. Lily Allen sampled it on Knock Em Out. I should investigate the rest of these volumes while picking up Battlestar Galactica season 3 this weekend. Fuck off, I like it.